Best Friends

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... not sure how to start this but the past few days have been a roller coast ride on these two words "Best Friends" after my new bride “J” posed that question.... who are your best friends.?

I could not believe that I couldn't answer that question easily yet before our marriage, I thought I had an over ‘flowing cup” when it comes to best friends or close friends. I was shocked too  when it came to really thinking about it this time round.

I realized that  the people I called my best friends, I didn't really see them score the 100% best friend mark yet I still questioned myself if my standards for a best friend are too high or I expect too much from a people I could  truly call  my best friends.

After almost 30 something years on this planet earth, I thought I “had this in the bucket” already. Oh boy!! Oh boy!! Was I wrong or wrong!!?

I learnt the hard way that as your achievements/goals in life are attained, so do the friends you have around you keep changing and only those that can handle your level of success will stick around.... there is this one close friend that even didn't attend my wedding after knowing and keeping in-touch with him for over 15 years.... ...

I can honestly say I am in the processes of evaluating my inner circle of friendship and ensure that am surrounded with the right persons to succeed in my life i.e. "attain the highest potential of my true self"

Any leads people on new best friends??!!;-)lol


Eddie.K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Unwanted or Abusive BoyChildhood Experiences affect your future Marital Relationship.

THE BENCHMARK OF BEAUTY FOR A BOY CHILD

Good Deeds